The Center for Economic Studies wants to assist doctoral candidates who are actively engaged in dissertation research in economics, sociology, demography, or a related field using Census Bureau microdata at a Research Data Center.
Program participants receive two principal benefits:
- One or more researchers are assigned as mentors and advise the participant on the use of Census Bureau microdata.
- A visit to the Census Bureau where they meet with research staff and present research in progress. Trip expenses (airfare, hotel, and meals) will be paid for by CES (as funding allows).
Eligible candidates must be:
- Actively working on a Ph.D. thesis using Census Bureau microdata at a Research Data Center.
- A U.S. citizen.
To apply, email the following to Randy Becker (email@example.com):
- Contact information, name(s) of faculty advisor, and expected completion date, or a CV with that information.
- Title and abstract of RDC-based dissertation research, including a description of the microdata being used.
- FSRDC project number covering this approved research.
- Acceptance will be on a rolling basis, as funding and staffing resources allow.